A. Data information we collect and for what reasons:
Full name, full address, driving license, Internet Protocol address (IP address), email address, phone number, payment details (bank account number, IBAN, card details etc), document to prove personal ID for security reasons (ID, passport and visa information), tax details. We also collect information about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers. We do not collect “sensitive information”. We collect personal data either directly from you, when you visit our office or through online services (the site we operate www.rentacar-santorini.com)
SPIRIDAKOS RENT A CAR adopts and implements the following principles:
- Purpose specification and purpose limitation: the purposes for which we collect and use personal data shall be specified and legitimate. The data shall not be used for anything other than the specified purposes,
- Transparency: clear information shall be provided to individuals about the purposes for which personal data are collected and used, at the time the data is collected,
- Data minimization: we shall only collect personal data that is strictly necessary for the specific purposes i.e. the minimum personal data required shall be collected and used,
- Accuracy: personal data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date,
- Retention: personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary,
- Security: appropriate measures to protect personal data shall be implemented maintained,
- Accountability: the organization will be able to demonstrate that it has implemented measures to comply with the abovementioned principles.
B. Legal grounds for processing your personal data
- The provision of the services you appoint us for and you want to receive from us,
- Complying with a statutory obligation, such us returning prepayment, managing your claims etc,
- Safeguarding and protecting the legitimate interests of yours as well as ours. So we are entitled to use closed circuit television (CCTV) and security cameras to be able to protect the security of individuals, materials and facilities,
- The consent you provide us with under the specific conditions set out in the legal framework in order to receive updates on services and offers.
When you make a reservation with us we may need to collect some of your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you. This means that if you decide not to give us your data, we might not be able to provide the service, and may have to cancel your booking. We will let you know if this is the case at the time, so you can decide what you’d like to do.
C. Share information – Transfer to third – party associates:
We share your personal data with the following categories of recipients :
- Governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies etc
- Ours associates (accountants and insurers). We declare that we do not sell the information you provide us.
D. Data Controller: SPIRIDAKOS RENT A CAR, having its registered office in Fira Santorini, email: email@example.com, tel: +30 22860 23755, +30 22860 24240 fax: +30 22860 24790, website : rentacar-santorini.com, informs that, for the purposes of its business, it processes personal data of its customers in accordance with applicable national law (No 4624/2019) and the European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.
We take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the secure processing of your personal data and to prevent any accidental loss or destruction and any unauthorized and/or illegal access, use, alteration or disclosure of your data. Any personal data in hard copy format will be kept in a locked filing cabinet, drawer or safe, with restricted access in our premises, and only the Data Controller and ours Data Processors have access to the data. These premises are protected by CCTV camera systems. Confidential paper records will not be left unattended or in clear view anywhere with general access. All electronic devices are password-protected to protect the information on the device in case of theft. Digital data is coded, encrypted or password-protected, on a network drive that is regularly backed up on and off-site. All members of staff are provided with their own secure login and password, and every computer regularly prompts users to change their password. Emails containing sensitive or confidential information are password-protected if there are unsecure servers between the sender and the recipient. The security of our computer and storage systems, and access to them, is continuously monitored.
However, given the way that Internet works and the fact that is freely accessible to anyone, we are unable to guarantee that no unauthorized third parties will ever be able to circumvent such measures and gain access, or even make use of your personal information for unauthorized and/or unlawful purposes. Furthermore, we bear no responsibility for payments that take place in other bank accounts, as a result of hacking. For your safety, we recommend you before paying, contact with us to verify the correct bank accounts.
F. Data retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The length of time we keep your information will vary depending on the obligations of European and national legal framework.
To decide how long we should keep your personal data for, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or sharing of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, payment details and transaction data) after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
G. Your rights
Access, update, withdraw amend or correct: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, update, withdraw, amend or correct any information.
Change, restrict and delete: You may have the right to change, restrict or delete your personal data stored by us. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Data portability: You may have the right to receive your personal data free of charge in a format that allows you to access, use and edit them. You also have the right to ask us, if it is technically feasible, to pass the data directly to another processor.
Object and complaint: You may have the right to object to the use of data by us, in case we use the information for illegal or unauthorized purposes. To exercise these rights or to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please contact us, by using the contact information stated above. Finally, if you are a resident in EU, or a citizen of EU, and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
H. How to contact us for GDPR issues
For the purposes of EU law, if you have any questions, requests or concerns you may contact us, Manager for GDPR issues Prokopia Agioreitou, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +30 22860 23755, +30 22860 24240 fax: +30 22860 24790, via mail address Fira (25is Martiou) Santorini 84 700, Greece.